Today I had to re-visit a Drupal module I wrote in 2015. The module parses an external XML file which it loads using
simplexml_load_file. When I opened the version of the site that lives in my local server, and visited the page that uses the module, I got the error in the title of this entry. I checked php.ini to make sure
On. It was.
Searching the web I came to a bug report in the php website. It was suggested to restart the apache server since the contents of resolv.conf may have changed after the server, and php got their DNS servers entry. This made sense to me, since I have switched networks since turning the computer on. I gave it a try, and it worked:
service httpd restart
- The location of php.ini in my case, running Fedora with php installed using dnf, is /var/php.ini
- The location of resolv.conf is /etc/resolv.conf
The sources I visited: